Reviews, downloads and free bet offers, you’ll find everything you need while reading about the best betting apps for horse racing and sports. It doesn’t matter what device you have, whether it’s an Android, iOS, mobile or tablet device, all of them are available for your device.
Compare Betting Apps
We have independently reviewed most betting apps available in the UK and cherry-picked the ones that we believe to be the best.
These are not just the best apps for horse race betting but the best for all sports plus a guide to how to claim the bonus offers from new customers – Terms apply to all offers, all users must be 18+ for betting apps.
#1: William Hill app – Top betting app December 2018
William Hill – Newbies deposit £10 get £30 free*
William Hill have been around for 80+ years in the bookmakers industry. They are recognised as a worldwide brand, in addition to the UK, they have an online presence in Australia, Italy, Spain & also in the US.
The William Hill app has great deal to do with their global betting domination, It makes betting so simple, you can live stream horse racing and various other sports including; football, tennis*, greyhounds and much more through this betting app.
- Get £30 free when you deposit £10 with Promo Code C30
- High 5 offer on all UK racing
- Best odds guaranteed on Irish & UK horse racing
- Daily Nap tips from the team on William Hill radio
- Listen to William Hill radio through the app
- Live stream horse racing through your mobile device
- #Yourodds available – select your choices and tweet @williamhill to get it priced up, our go to the your odds tabs to see other selections.
- Signing-up takes no time at all, it’s quick & secure
- All multiple bets covered such as trixies, yankees right up to super goliath – all available each way on horse racing accas.
- Horse racing specials available every day – See the specials tab in the horse racing section to find them
The features are one of the main reason the William Hill app is amongst the top 5 UK betting apps. Check out detailed reviews, claim free bet bonuses etc below.
*New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
#2: BetVictor app
Betvictor – New customers bet £5 get £30 Free.
Betvictor, formerly known as Victor Chandler was formed back in 1946. Since then the brand has grown tenfold and is currently one of the biggest bookmakers in the industry, and the introduction of mobile betting signalled another chance to grow the Betvictor brand. The Betvictor app has been developed into one of the top betting apps available for Android, iOS and mobile devices.
- Bet £5 get £30 in Free bets
- Best odds guaranteed on all UK and Irish races
- Live stream horse racing straight to your mobile
- Signing up is easy, secure & can be done in minutes
- Exclusive horse finder feature – select your options and the app will pick the horses for you – An amazing feature. Probably the best feature for any app for horse racing fans.
- T&C’s Apply. 18+, bonus applies to new customers only
New customers only. Get 2 x £10 sports free bets and £10 casino bonus. Wager 40x to withdraw, valid for 7 days. Credit/Debit cards only. Terms and conditions apply. 18+|begambleware.org
#3: Unibet app
Unibet – £30 new customer welcome offer
Unibet have stormed from no where into our UK betting apps guide with recent updates showing an excellent level of investment in their app for UK customers. Unibet have recently taken over Stan James racing and have now merged the two companies together. You’ll see Unibet advertising at most UK race courses as well as sponsored races and race meetings. It’s great to see Unibet spending money promoting themselves through UK horse racing, its investment like this that helps keep racing going.
- You must be over 18 and have a valid Unibet account to use any of their apps (They have quite a range including sports betting, casino, poker, live casino, lottery and a hockey live scores app)
- Great options for multiples on horse racing and lots of easy to use coupons on other sports.
- Massive options of live streaming covering racing, tennis and more. There’s more than 30,000 events streamed every year which is seriously impressive.
- Unibet are the official sponsors of the Derby and the #RoadtoCheltenham as well as Aston Villa football club, but we won’t hold that against them 😉
- You get exclusive Cheltenham content on the Unibet app or via http://www.roadtocheltenham.com/
- The app is really ease to use and navigate around with quick links to racing, football, cricket and tennis as well as an A to Z of sports.
- The app is one of few betting apps to include full and detailed betting history, see all your bets and the outcomes of each leg without leaving the app.
- In play betting is pretty awesome on the app too with a 7 second bet placemnt and current live betting events on the apps home page.
*Details: Welcome offer is for new customers only. 18+, www.begambleaware.org. Minimum deposit £10. You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdraw able at minimum odds of 1.40 (2/5) in Sports book, 25x for Casino. Bonus will expire after 30 days of opt-in. Further T&Cs apply.
#4: Paddy Power
Paddy Power – Best app for football betting
Paddy Power are notorious for their cheeky advertising that some times crosses the line! They’ve paid Nicholas Bendtner to show his Paddy Power lucky pants after scoring – Which lead to him getting an £80,000 fine plus a ban (Full story here). When it comes to racing Paddy Power have their advertising at most UK and Irish race tracks. The also have Ruby Walsh on the books as brand ambassador and he often does previews and interviews with them on their blog – These are always worth a look before big race meets like Cheltenham or Aintree.
Paddy Power sports betting app – key features
- As per their current TV advert – This is the fastest version of the app they’ve ever had and it really shows when you’re using it compared to the previous version.
- Live in race betting – For those who can see how the race is going, you can get your in running bets on in seconds!
#5: Betway app
Betway – £30 free bet (New customers only, terms apply, must be 18+)
Betway sports are more known for their annoying football betting adverts – you know the ones, polar bear breaking in while guy places a bet obliviously. But don’t let that put you off betting with them. For horse racing fans they have an absolute stand out offer – you’ll be paid out as a winner if your horse leads at the last and then loses. This is brilliant to avoid those annoying races where it looks like you’ll be a winner but the horse tails off. In terms of horse racing offers this is the best betting app as this is a unique offer in the UK.
Betway sports betting app – key features
- Free bet club – Available for all bets place on the app or desktop site. Place £25 on accas at combined odds of 2/1 or higher and get a £5 free bet every week. (Offer subject to change, Terms apply, see Betway for full details)
- £30 free bet for all new customers to Betway. (again Ts and Cs apply, must be 18+)
- 4 to score football promotion. Go to the 4 to score tab on the app and predict the first 4 teams to score for a chance to win up to £25,000 (Again Ts and Cs apply, see Betway for full terms).
- Bet on over 2,000 events every week covering all major sporting events.
#6: Coral Sports Betting App
Coral, the well known high street bookie, have a decent app for sports betting and casino. It’s available on the App Store for iPhone users, on Google Play for Android users and as a mobile app version for all other phones. The app sticks to the companies colours with a blue background, and sashes of green yellow and red.
They usually have crazy enhanced price offers on a weekend for new customers which you can check out via the button below.
*Ts & C’s for BET £5 GET £20: 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Coral sports and casino app – key features
- Casino – The Coral app perfectly combines a full sports betting platform with a pretty cool casino, all within one app. Most others have separate apps for sports and casino, but not Coral.
- Full race cards for all UK and Irish racing including a Spot light preview of each horse.
- Live streaming of UK racing with the bet to watch option – Stream is a few seconds behind so don’t use it for any in running bets! (This is the same with all UK streams via bookmakers apps).
Betting Apps For Android
Android betting apps can be found on the Google Play store and you can check out the latest reviews their to see what other users think compared to our ratings. We’ve used all the apps mentioned above on a Samsung phone to see how they perform compared to the other apps.
As an Android user you can also install the mobile site as a web app which saves space in your phone and never needs updating. We think this the optimum way to bet on Android for simplicity.
Betting Apps For iOS (iPhone & iPad)
If you have an iOS device such as an iPad or iPhone, downloading the best betting apps is so easy it’s unbelievable. Unlike Android users, iOS have a large number of the top rated betting apps available on the iTunes App Store.
All you need to do before downloading the app, is to make sure you register an account with the bookmaker beforehand. Then once downloaded, you can enjoy all there is to offer.
The bookmakers the provide betting apps for both Android and iOS also provide very generous welcome bonuses too. Some offer no deposit bonuses which simply means, upon registering, you’ll receive a bonus risk free bet. Whereas others provide matched deposit bonuses, sometimes accompanied with additional bonuses too.
Payment options on UK betting apps
In the UK there are lots of options for payments and these vary depending on the book maker so it’s always worth checking if you want to use a more altenative method such as Skrill or Neteller. Fees also may apply depending on the payment option such as charges for using PayPal on some apps or charges for using a credit card to deposit.
General depositing options –
- Debit card – Generally does not incur a fee
- Credit card – Usually has a fee per transaction or as a % of the total deposit
- PayPal – Accepted by most bookies without a fee, some offer a fast registration through your PayPal account.
- Apple Pay – Now integrated into most major UK iPhone and iPad betting apps
- Skrill & Neteller – Accepted by most fee free- usually instant
- Fast Bank transfer – Usually free, although payments can take up to 3 days
- Cheque – Yes really! Some UK bookies will still allow you to send them a cheque to deposit into your account. This can take between 5 and 28 days to clear – I have no idea why you’d want to do this!
Hopefully the information you have found on the subject of our betting app ratings helpful. All apps come from bookies who are registered with the gambling commission in the UK.